Monday, April 13, 2015

Imaginary Girls

I tried reading this book for about a week, or a little bit over. I thought I was going to like it; it sounded intriguing. There was right away conflict about a dead body being found, and a bond of two sisters being broken. From what I understood, Chloe seems to have this sort of thing against her sister (I'm not sure how to describe it). They were pulled away from each other for some time. I think that is the mystery of this book, to find out why Chloe was taken away.

From what I read, it seemed to be really weird. One of the things I really didn't like about it was how it was set up; Chloe was an excellent swimmer and her sister Ruby told everyone out of how proud she was. I find it unrealistic that two sisters could get along so well with the age difference, not to mention Ruby is supposed to be the one in the spotlight. Why would Ruby put Chloe higher than her? There is a place where they swim (and are not supposed to) that has "swallowed" whole towns. It's just a little too far fetched for me...  It isn't as appealing as the summary on the back of the book is. I didn't like the plot, is what I guess I'm trying to say (as harsh as it sounds). If you like that kind of thing, you should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment